Looking for something rich and delicious to do with your chicken? The bonus is that it does not require a lot of thought or prep. This one can be thrown in the crockpot early in the morning or by noon, then stir in a few ingredients when you get home from work. You’ll have something delicious to serve up by the time everyone rolls around to the table. I served them here with whole-grain thin sandwich buns & nacho cheese “Beanito” chips & a green salad on the side.
Smothered Ranch Chicken Sandwiches
- 1-2 whole boneless skinless chicken breast
- One package dry ranch dressing mix
- One 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- 2 to 4 tablespoons of milk
- Slow cook your chicken in the crockpot so that it is nice and tender. Once the chicken is fully cooked shred it ( I like to use my kitchen shears and chop it up right in the crockpot)
- One hour before you’re ready to eat or when you get home from work, simply stir in the cream cheese, the ranch dressing as well as the milk.
- Serve piping hot your choice of bread